Thread: Bisimoto 986S
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 12:22 PM   #16
ray986s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisimoto
That is funny....I should stick to the performance arena, and leave the cosmetic stuff alone. A replacement badge is ordered and on its way

Nonetheless, I did the spring install myself, and it took me 5 hours. I even changed my cracked axles boots and brakes while I was at it. Not an easy job, and a lift is a huge benefit. The spring cost me about $300.
I remember when I replaced my own springs, I started with the fronts and it took me less that 1 hour to do them, I was thinking this is going to be a piece of cake...untill I got to the rears, which was a total pain in the @$$! In hindsight the job would have been easier if I would have bought the porsche ball joint remover. (or simmilar tool) this would have saved me plenty of time and effort.
986s sport design pkg, aerokit 1, litronics,deviating seat stitching, guards red seat belts, cf ebrake/shift knob,ssk, sport seats, hard top, full alpine system with 8" sub, mb quart speakers, Champion rg5, Eibach springs, sport exhaust, rear stess bars, custom ecu program, desnorkle intake, euro bumper, rear diffuser
ray986s is offline   Reply With Quote