View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 11:28 AM   #19
Grizzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_J
A PPI was next to impossible since I met the guy at 6:30am and was back on the road at 9:30 with the car. Since I bought it 800+ miles away from home, I was out of my territory. If the engine goes out, oh well. If the tranny goes out, oh well. That's why it is a project to me. I didn't buy the car for something that would last in it's current state, I bought it for fun. With summer getting closer, it might not get driven that much since I have the Boxster. Both my wife and I liked the older cars and wanted one to sink money into to enjoy. If I was concerned about the $$$ part of cars, I wouldn't have sunk over $15k into the Boxster in less than a year. Cars are fun to me and that is why I buy them. This car should be a fun project for us. I remember having posters on my wall of this car when I was growing up.

-David
Good for you David! Enjoy the car! Some guys aren't happy unless they're pissing in someone else's Cheerios. Don't listen to them. A mechanical failure allows you the opportunity to install the exact component you want, and adds to your enjoyment by allowing you to fix it yourself. I tend to buy total junk projects, requiring a replacement of everything. That way, when I'm done, I know the car is done right. Have fun, my friend. I'm glad to see a childhood dream come to fruition.
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote