View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 08:55 AM   #1
thenavarro

ROW M030 and H&R Springs suspension questions

My 2001 is primarily my daily driver and I do use it occasionally for the track. My primary motivation for wanting to lower it, is for the cosmetic looks, but I also don't want to cause any unreasonable wear and tear on other parts of the car by doing this, and I would enjoy the handling offered by a better suspension.

In my researching the subject, it appears that many have been pleased with the ROW M030 option available from Sunset for about $920.00. I understand it has a good impact on handling and is the "factory" option for a better all around suspension. It also lowers the vehicle, but not as low as the H&R Springs.

I also understand that many are happy with the appearance, by just installing H&R Springs which lowers the car approximately 1 inch in front and rear, but that this might cause suspension issues on the track.

I don't want adjustable coilovers so that's not an option for me.

Thus, I was considering a combination of H&R springs along with the rest of the ROW M030 option (in other words, buying the ROW M030 option and replacing the springs that come with it with H&R). My questions are:

1) Is this feasible?
2) I believe (at least in my non-mechanical and engineering mind) that this will give me the combination I'm looking for, better looks from lowering an inch, and better handling by having the rest of the ROW M030 suspension components. Is this correct?
3) Are these parts compatible?
4) Is it a stupid idea?
5) Do the springs that come with the ROW M030 option have resale value that I will be able to obtain some of my $$ back?

I've purchased the H&R springs already, just want to be sure before I order the ROW M030 option. If the combination doesn't sound like a good idea, then I'll have to decide between just going with the lowering springs, or selling them and going with the full ROW M030 suspension. Take care,

Mike
thenavarro is offline   Reply With Quote