View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 05:03 AM   #31
edevlin

Quote:

""I ALWAYS redline 1st 2nd and 3rd aBout every Day"

Good lord. I passed someone the other morning on a back road and saw about 85 by the time I got past them. I know I was in 3rd but honestly didn't look at the tach. I do know I didn't bounce it off the rev limiter. What's top speed at redline in 3rd? "

I dont get up there that often and when I do I am usually busy watching the road when I am redlining in the higher gears. I normally like to shift at 6.5K, before redline for a couple of reasons. First, dyno says that 6.5K is peak hp for my engine, but more importantly because I understand that these are mechanical devices that wear out, and I want this car to last.

That being said, I redline (7k) at about 94 mph in thrid, about 126 mph in fourth, no idea about fifth. BTW, I could take it higher than redline because my chip has raised the redline up to 7.3K and softened the rev-limiter. But as I said, I rarely even go to the 7K redline (but spend a fair amount of time at 6.5K). I think in the 17K that I have driven my car, I have only hit the rev limiter once when I downshifted early going into a curve.

Ed

:dance: :dance: :dance:

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote