View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 05:43 PM   #18
FrayAdjacent

Well, it seems the center latch switch works fine... I can jam my finger in there, and the windows react every time... true that the p-brake dash light is coming on, but it's the only thing I changed earlier when I was testing. One moment the top wasn't reacting, then I released and reset the brake, and the top was working again.

I think I will at least get in there and clean it sometime... then see about the 'b-pillar' switches. When I got the top down (and went to pick up some din-din), I could hear something on the driver's side that sounded like a micro switch being actuated and released a few times. Nothing was moving at the time, and the top was completely down...

It could definitely be a combination of things, and I'm more inclined to thing something is loose or dirty. I troubleshoot and fix things for a living, so I'm applying methodology to the process that I've used for years.

If I am able to determine anything, or if any procedure appears to work, I'll update this thread.

I won't have time to poke around on it much for a couple weeks... I work every day starting tomorrow until Thursday when I'll be driving to Phoenix. Grandmother passed away, so I'll be going to the memorial with family. When I get back, I'll do more investigating and troubleshooting.

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote