View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 02:21 PM   #11
xclusivecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
my advice is to keep an eye out for low mileage cars, even if means getting one that is maybe a year or two older than you can afford. They are everywhere, usually its a pampered sunday driver and the owner needs to upgrade to a new toy. Don't mean to be chauvisnist but I steer clear of cars owned by women or young drivers. There is either neglect or abuse...often not always.
I'll take issue with the "low miles" idea. Garage queens may look to be in better shape...but when a car or any piece of machinery is left to sit and driven gingerly on the occasional good weather Sunday I guarantee you will have MANY more troubles mechanically than one driven at least fairly regularly. The fluids need to keep flowing to lubricate the necessary parts...and this doesn't mean turning it on and letting it idle for 20 minutes a week in the winter. The car needs to be RUN! In summary look for a car with average to slightly below average miles in great shape. Get receipts for all work done...and open an account for repairs you will encounter!