View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 08:18 AM   #1
denverpete

Your Best Boxster Story...

As a recent divorcee I have several friends who, in their earnest but misguided, attempts to "help" me meet women will constantly mention that I drive a Porsche. While I love my Boxster it hardly defines who I am and quite frankly it's a bit embarrassing. It's a nice car, but it's just a car. My friend drives a Ferrari F-40, now that I could see mentioning (of course he doesn't either).

So last week I'm watching NCAA basketball at my local watering hole. It had been mid 70's all week and I took the Boxster there. Now, I've been going there for over 8 years and I always manage to find a parallel parking spot right in front of the door. As a regular, it's practically a sign to my friends and the staff that "Pete's here!"

Well, two pretty young things sit down next me at the bar (and by young I mean around 25 and far to young for me). As a friendly type I recognized that they were probably new. So, I looked over and asked which game they were at the bar to watch - the staff is pretty friendly and will switch games around as desired. To which the one next to me responded, "What kind of car do you drive?" Honest. First words out of this girls mouth, "What kind of car do you drive?"

For a second I thought I was in the movie Swingers with Vince Vaughn about to come up at any time and say, "You're so money and you don't even know it." I took a moment and replied, "87 Dodge Omni. But it still has the original paint!"

She looked at me for a second, cocked her head, and then swiveled back to her friend with a swish of her hair and without a word. Never looked back and never heard a thing from her the rest of the evening.

Well, after watching the games I ordered some food to go. My food arrived at the same time the two girls were getting their tab. I paid mine and walked out to my Boxster and got ready to head home.

I had just fired it up, was adjusting the radio and turning on the seats and heat when the same two girls walk out. She looks at the car, looks at me, then looks at the car again. She walks up to the passenger side and, with a bit of a smile, says, "You know, if you told me you drove a Porsche I would have talked to you."

I paused, cocked my head a bit and replied, "And if you didn't care that I drove a Porsche I would have talked to you." And I drove off.....

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote