View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 03:19 PM   #15
mikefocke

Sorry

I don't disagree that if the buyer can accept little risk and would rather fix his repair costs, even if it costs more, then a warranty from a reputable company is a good idea.

I don't like buying from companies who play games with their names implying an association with another company whose name is better known and respected. Note they don't have the AAA seal on their web site.

I don't like buying insurance from a company who cites affiliations with highly rated companies without naming the companies. I want to know who is backing the warranty with their financial strength.

I wouldn't buy from this company on a bet.

AAA does have a extended warranty plan (they call it MBP) and you'll see their well known seal on their web site. Warranty Direct has a good reputation too.

But you buy insurance trusting the company will be there when you need them and there are lots of games being played by companies that collect your money, pay themselves a big salary, and go out of business.

And the 20% is a commonly accepted actual repair costs figure often cited in general articles relating to extended warranties on various items.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote