View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 10:53 AM   #5
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
I think ill let a non-porsche dealership mechanic do it for me. Question for you Jim regarding the Turkey Baster method... by sucking dry the reseviour and refilling over and over with the new stuff over the course of somedays until the new stuff is all in the system.... wouldnt that just give you a 50/50 ratio of old fuild and new fuild in the system since its mixing and the next time you suck some fuild out, you would be sucking a mix of new and old fuild?
Hi,

Actually, you do end up with a little more than a 60/40 mix, new to old fluid and this will remove enough of the contaminates and add enough fresh fluid to rejuvenate the system.

A full Flush & Fill is gonna use twice as much Fluid (even though the system capacity is 1L, the Shop is gonna use more (at least open that 2nd Litre, meaning you bought it) and charge you closer to the $39/L (or more) than the $15/L) and in total, you're gonna be looking at $250-$350. As I said, this method is better, but probably not a potential $335 better...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote