View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 10:40 AM   #8
Perfectlap

the PPI is not only logical but if they do find something needing repair you can negotiate that into a lower price. So doing it can save you some money instead of costing you.

as far as warranty, go with a well known company like warranty direct. You can stick that $3K in the bank but at 5-7% if something goes wrong in a big way your small saving isn't going to cover you. Porsche repairs can get extremely expensive fast. Most roll the dice and don't opt for the coverage because a catastrophe is uncommon, the car is rarely a daily driver and the average Porsche owner can afford to plunk down a major repair. If you feel your finances couldn't withstand such a thing get the coverage. If I drove my car on a daily basis I would absolutely go with warranty direct.
At the end of the day you have to remember that this is a rare German car (relative to the car population) requiring specialized labor and expensive replacement parts. Its not a Honda S2000, ownership comes with some added costs but well worth it to me.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote