View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004, 07:08 PM   #18
Richard Truss

Send a message via AIM to Richard Truss
Quote:
Originally posted by spotch
I think 14.7 is a little inaccurate... the boxster S has approx 11.28 pounds per hp, the magnum has about 12.18 pounds per hp with a ton more tq.

Now assuming each passenger weighs 160 pounds that changes the boxsters pounds/hp to around 12.68 and the magnum to 12.65 (w/ 1 driver, 0 passengers) or 13.12 if he had 1 passenger.
I hear a lot of people quoting hp/weight ratios for two different cars as if that was the ONLY determining factor in a race/drag/whatever. Now, im no genius -- moreover probably in the running for the dumbest person on this board -- BUT shouldn't aerodynamics, weight distribution, suspension (stiffness), tires, etc play a HUGE factor in determing the outcome of a given race (with equal drivers)?

Quote all the numbers you want with HP/weight ratios, but the bottom line is that -- like most dodge's, is pretty much of a cube (read: wind brake) with 4 ****************ty tires, a soft suspension and unequal weight distrobution. I would think that would play a factor against a S's very sticky tires, stiff suspension, arrow-like shape.

Now i lost that race -- could have been because it lasted for 150 feet, which didn;t get the S's rev's up long enough to get into the power -- had it been a 1/4 mile, maybe the outcome would have been different.

Maybe he had some mods.... i know he had an exhaust -- maybe headers? He had a wicked sick trucker hat on and a beard that would have made Kenny Rodgers (circa: 1979) jealous as hell.

maybe that helped.