RandallNeighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston C4S
I don't think it's really
fair to compete with cars, let's just say like Randall's, that have been
around the block a few times. It takes a lot to get those looking
really good (like Randall's). It takes me just a thorough wash and
vacuum.
Mark, there is no way I'd ever put my boxster in a concours event. Counting the stars at night would be easier than counting the number of rock chips and dings and scratches in my original black paint! That's why I only bring my car around you at night

And you should rethink your "I'll just wash and vacuum it" strategy. Judges at these events look at the age and mileage of the car and get VERY picky with brand new specimens. They'll take off points for lint in the corner of the glove box, dust on the inside of one of your calipers (from the road, not your ceramic brakes) or a tiny dried gas drop on the inside of your gas flap.

On my car, they'd probably overlook all this because it's ten years old and really tired looking overall.

You better get the Qtips out my friend. And don't forget to raise the spoiler and clean it real good... Pam and I both witnessed a dirty spoiler just a couple of months ago on your 986 and I'm still having nightmares from the sight of it on an otherwise pristine clean car.

Now get out there and make us proud by scrubbing the underbelly and the wheel wells and find that piece of lint in the side pockets and curse it as you pull it off with Scotch tape. And don't dare tell them you plugged the exhaust vacuum lines or they'll probably deduct points for that too!

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 03-21-2007 at 07:40 PM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote