View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 05:02 PM   #1
Pilot2519j

Unhappy Monday blues- and a clutch what happened?

Well seeing everyone is in a bad mood and dumping on our beloved cops I had the worst day possible but thank goodness the finest had no part on this debacle. I pull out of my driveway I get a flat- phillips screw, oops new tire. I call AAA wait for the alloted time where upon I called back to be told the tow truck was there and that the fellow had called me twice and no one answered so he left. Now the fuse was lit. I was more than happy to inform AAA that no such thing happened and that the operator of the tow truck was a f****** liar. Wow calm down we are all adults here but some with less cranial matter than others. Just then tow truck shows up now I can yell at the guy, I start immediately then I noticed is a different company yes I had to eat crow and I apologized to the guy that turned up to be a nice guy.
Little did I know that this was the better part of the day. I bring the car to Porsche and leave with a loaner. I get a call from the dealer that was the time I saw a laser designator on my wallet. Mr Pilot you need a new tire possible a second one because he thought he had seen another nail, I forgot you also need a new clutch, maybe a flywheel I saw the dollars flying out of my wallet faster than a leaking dam about to burst. Oh by the way the engine seals are leaking too but that work is under the warranty. I am still puzzled about the clutch. I've driven practically stick shift all my life and I have never worn out a clutch in 35K. The fellow at Porsche tells me that the clutch is a racing clutch and being such they are not as durable as other types of clutch. I had an Audi 90 Quattro with 135K on the original clutch and most city driving in traffic jams so to me this 35 K clutch is a new one and quite puzzling. I estimate all of the damage is going to be around $2,000. When I got to work 4 hours later,at 12, I was told we landed a multi-million dollar school project. I was dragging my sorry butt and I quipped we need a bigger project. Monday Monday can't trust that day.................. The M & P were right. Are the P clutch so crappy that they last only 35K miles? Let me know your opinion on this matter.