View Single Post
Old 09-12-2004, 10:00 AM   #1
Richard Truss

Send a message via AIM to Richard Truss
An Embarrassing Moment

Last night on the way home from an all-nighter on the strip, my girlfriend and myself were enjoying the top down on an early vegas morning. This guy in one of those new family-trucksters dodge stationwagon-on-steriods was reving his engine. Obviously had at least an exhaust system in it.

my girlfriend BEGGED me not to race him, stating "RICHARD! He's in a STATIONWAGON, for god's sake". Well, as she put it, my ego got the best of me. And while I know that these cars are not stop-light racers, i figured i would have him on weight to HP ratio. That thing was a PIG.

Well, we smashed the throttle and all i saw was his tail lights. Unfortunately, The race was over (literally maybe lasted 1/10th of a mile) before i could pass if (if indeed i could have). He was in front of me by a car length from the start, but didn;t pull away after that. Oh well, my girlfriend laughed all the way home (not nice).

Take my advice, don't race these cars. Nothing feels worse than getting spanked in a Porsche by a family-wagon.