View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 05:55 AM   #15
Dr. Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by David N.
Handling-wise, the one main complaint I have is the rear end suspension. Both me and a friend tested it, and we decided it was not necessarily the leaf springs, but maybe just the spring rate. If you hit even a moderate bump on the road, the rear just wants to leap over a few inches to either side, and heaven forbid you do it on a sweeper. I was taking a long freeway ramp around (very little throttle), and the car musta jumped over a foot over this one seam, a little heart-stop at 60. It was not the confidence-inspiring ride that the Boxster gives at all. And it really made me tentative after awhile. -David
I came up driving hot-rodded Mustangs and this was my main complaint. My last GT had a full suspension kit, but with that solid rear axle, I was never able to eliminate the wheel hop and it used to scare the crap out of me on a regular basis. I am assuming the Vette has IRS so Bruce’s comment about fixability sounds reasonable to me.

On a side note, I got a ride last week in my buddy’s C6. The power was pretty impressive. I am sure it is an amazing track car (which is why he got it), but it just didn’t feel nearly as refined and put-together as my 987. I think the C6 is a great vehicle and is probably the right car for him, but I have now crossed it off of my list as a next car for me.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s..._kill/Siga.jpg
Dr. Kill is offline   Reply With Quote