View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 08:17 PM   #11
super66

Quote:
Originally Posted by David N.
If you hit even a moderate bump on the road, the rear just wants to leap over a few inches to either side, and heaven forbid you do it on a sweeper. I was taking a long freeway ramp around (very little throttle), and the car musta jumped over a foot over this one seam, a little heart-stop at 60. It was not the confidence-inspiring ride that the Boxster gives at all. And it really made me tentative after awhile.
-David
no way!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad you mentioned this....I will tell you all right now it is the worst feeling espectially in a C4 Vette....hit a bump and your heart stops especially if you are accelerating because it feels like the car is just going to spin out of control.....I have always wanted a yellow convertible vette and hoped they would have had this worked out by now......reading Bruce's post it doesn't seem like the newer versions have addressed it either.....I've had passengers go pale when that back end gives.....

one thing I do is really drive those on ramps with the boxster but with the vette....I just wait for the straight away
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote