View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 12:20 PM   #3
FrayAdjacent

You could get the rear window plastic replaced. I did the same thing you did, and used clear tape to seal it up for now.

Replacing the rear plastic window cost varies per shop, but I've seen people comment, and called a few local places. Estimates vary from about $300 up to $600. A good local shop said $475.

Replacing the whole top is also an option, but a more expensive one. The GAHH top with a glass window costs just over $1000. Robbins has a top with a glass window now, that I've seen on Ebay for about $700. Installation might cost a pretty penny, too. I asked one local shop what they would charge if I obtained a top on my own - $650.

They also gave me estimates for GAHH tops installed from them - $1250 for a soft rear window top, and $1880 for a glass rear window top.

I don't know what I'm going to do YET, as my top is in OK shape, but does have some scuffs and wear showing. It doesn't leak, and operates normally... but I would very much like having a glass rear window...

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote