View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 10:57 AM   #1
thenavarro

Subjective and objective opinions wanted on adding H&R Springs to my 2001

I am considering buying a fellow board members H&R Cup Springs to lower my 2001 Boxster an inch. I don't do any heavy tracking, but I do take my car to Motorsport Ranch about every other month and do about 40 minutes worth when I go (2 sessions). I've been searching the archives this morning and have found various posts regarding "full coilovers", not just adding springs if you track heavily, etc.. I don't track heavily, just occasionally as stated above. I would be adding the springs basically for cosmetic reasons only, but want to make sure I don't cause a lot of undue stress on my car that will impact my pocketbook negatively in the future. I run 18 inch Carrera lightweights and my tires (Michelin PS2's) don't last even 10,000 miles typically because of my driving style. So, I'm basically asking for opinions as to if y'all think my car would look better lowered an inch and if adding the springs only would cause too much stress on other parts that will cost me $$$$ in the long run taking into consideration my driving style described above. You don't have to be an engineer to reply (but it's ok if you are ) as I'm looking for both subjective and objective opinions.
Here's my car currently (sorry for the large pics, I don't know how to make them smaller):

thenavarro is offline   Reply With Quote