View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 05:13 AM   #74
AUDIOGUY

Good advice Griz. I am an avid shooter and keep about 5 guns in the house. Really, on saftey, you are right. If someone is going to look for a gun, they will probably find it. I keep all but one of my guns in a safe. The other is my home protection weapon that is next to the bed and loaded. I keep a Sig 229 with home protection ammo within reach. When we leave the home and know that it is possible for someone to come in, I use a locked trigger guard just to be safe.

If I had to recommend a gun for a home weapon only, I suppose a 12 gauge with some sort of bird round would be ok. This way, you can just point and click and not worry about sending bullets through your next door neighbors living room. Of course a revolver is dependable and easy to operate. I also keep a small mag-lite with the handgun so that I can see what I am aiming at in the dark!

Scary thought that I live in a super low crime area and still worry about someone breaking in. My wifes parents in Upstate NY dont even lock their doors at night...
AUDIOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote