View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 07:01 PM   #12
blinkwatt

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by unklekraker
blink, how much would it cost and are you planning to do it your self?
Well the prices are for the 5spd,I doubt the auto/tip suspension would cost alot more but I know it consist of other parts.

That is part of email I shared w/ Jeff Clark of Sunset Imports,his responses are in italiacs.

Hi,
I was looking to get a quote on some parts;
~99' Boxster RoW rear sway bar w/ bushings bar is 71.70 month from Germany, bushings 7.65 ea, week away
~front & rear RoW springs fronts 88.33 month from Germany with red and yellow color band. Rears are 80.62 with one pair in the US, if they sell out it's a month from Germany. Color band is red/red. Priced per pair.

This is all for a manual trans car.

END OF EMAIL

Now I didn't ask about dampers(shocks) cause I figure I will use the 'S' ones I have lying around in the garage. The estimates also dont include the front sway bar & bushings which I already have installed in the car.

The cost of installation is what will get you on these cars. I called 5 indie shops and they ranged from $600-1k for installation....YIKES! Then on top of that you have to get an alignment. Then I remembered about the traveling indie P-mechanics that work on old 911s,Mobile Works. Gave them a call and to my luck the mechanic that works the Sacramento region works on newer Porsches! I was estimated $400 for installation(included traveling fee to get to my house).

Here is a pic of a Boxster w/ the RoW kit.
http://userweb.nni.com/dla109/100_2079.JPG