View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 09:19 AM   #12
Rob-00BoxsterS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAAY
At this point price is not the issue.. I just want to feel somewhat safe when I sleep and that my better half is safer when I am not around. I looked at the adt site.. I think I am going to make appts. and see who I like the best.
I got an alarm a few years ago for the same reasons. A friend of mine (actually my boss) worked for an alarm company when he was a kid and told me to forget about the basic package (usually front and rear door, a few windows and 1 motion sensor) that alarm companies try to lure you in with. He recommended a sensor on every door and window, no motion sensor, and glass break sensors on any fixed windows. We also paid extra for our fire alarm to be hooked up through the house alarm. The only thing we didn't get that we might go back for is the remote FOB for arming/disarming the alarm. Instead of free or $99.00, it ended up costing ~$1,000 (IIRC) but it was worth it.

Also, when you buy the equipment, you can shop other companies for monitoring service. When the company we go with found out we were shopping around, they upgraded us to their "gold" service (includee insurance on the equipment - if anything breaks down, they will fix it for free) and knocked $7.00/month off of our bill.

00' Boxster S, 00' E46 BMW - DD, 03' LR Disco - Wife's car, '84 300ZX turbo - owned for over 22 years, 82' 911 SC - Gone but not forgotten
Rob-00BoxsterS is offline   Reply With Quote