View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 08:10 PM   #23
super66

Quote:
Originally Posted by drburton
Wow, based on some of the responses here it looks like my request is not all that unrealistic. Nice work with the negotiations. Generally, most of the dealers I have talked to so far aren't willing to negotiate at all. I think this is partly because of timing, this seems to be the hot season for them to sell convertibles, so less room for negotiation.

Regarding reason for the switch, I purchased the 2005 slightly used (300 miles on it) and b/c of that I didn't really get exactly what I wanted. I'm interested in different color and options. My wife actually started this search b/c she is obsessed with getting a white one. I really would like the 19" wheels, sports steering wheel, some aluminum accents, different color interior etc..

As you can probably tell, I am not completely determined to get a 2007, but thought it would be worth shopping around and seeing if I could get a good price. I also got a very good price on the 2005, so I wouldn't be losing much on the trade-in.
Yes non Dr Burton!!!! Go White!!!!!! It must be the time of the season....I got mine for 11K off the MSRP......I probably could have got a little more off but I just got tired with the going back and forth and really needed a car at the time....

It was the first car I ever bought, I would have got ripped off if it wasn't for eBay. The day I was going to sign the paperrwork I pulled up eBay and I really don't know what made me check it to this day...I saw some boxsters that were starting at 39 and some bare bones at 38....I went to the dealer and said, my wife says I have to fly to North Carolina if I want the boxster and the price amazingly started coming down.....

in fact this one on ebay seems to be a great deal considering its a tip....I don't know prices on the S model but this seems good....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-Boxster-S-Tiptronic-with-Navigation-New_W0QQitemZ220091965639QQcategoryZ6015QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote