View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 06:45 AM   #2
bashville

This thread is a bit old, but I thought I'd reply with some info I have as my rear screen cracked today.

Porsche Centre West London quoted £555 (inc vat & fitting charge) for perspex rear screen. The assistant there said that they didnt do this repair themselves but instead contracted it out. (I couldnt get the info of who they contracted out to from him ..)

Carhood Warehouse quoted £245 inc VAT & fitting for a replacement screen (not perspex, standard old type boxster plastic screen) or £745 inc vat & fitting charges for a hood with a heated glass rear screen (like the new model boxsters).

I am getting the fitting done at the Carhood Warehouse on Tuesday and will update this thread to let you all know how it went.

Update: I chose to have a replacement roof with a heated rear screen from carhood warehouse. About 6 months later I noticed a small issue with the hood. I contacted carhood and was immediately impressed by the concern and assurance to resolve the issue that every level of staff I spoke to gave me. It turned out that my hood had a manufaturing defect and they replaced it without quibble.

Nearly a year on now I am very happy with my hood. The heated glass rear screen significantly improves visibility and, as I no longer have to get out and straighten out the plastic, dropping the hood is a much quicker job. I highly recommend both the heated glass rear roof and carhood warehouse.

Last edited by bashville; 01-22-2008 at 11:45 PM.
bashville is offline   Reply With Quote