View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 11:03 AM   #11
yellowbox

I agree with your assessment. Actually what surprised me the most is that from a standstill, just a little bit of throttle causes the rev to jump to 4k, and the rev never seems to fall below 4k. The sound is really amazing. Unfortunately, no matter what you put into a boxster, it can never approach f430's sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2BOX
The F430 was amazing, first thing I noticed was the sound (need to buy a sports exhaust for the box now!)...blipping the throttle makes heads turn....(if you get the chance blip the throttle going under a bridge!)took a while to get used to the paddle shift gears. The speed felt exactly like when I went from a normal car to the boxster...except this was from the boxster to the F430, and getting to XXXmph (for bruce!!)did not feel so bad, because it got there so quickly and back down again safely, with the boxster it does take a while to get to top speed and the risk becomes greater...the Ferrari did it in a flash...more controlled.
Loved the carbon fibre interior, the yellow rev counter, the glass cover to the engine, loved the switch on the steering wheel which you can turn to race mode.......best of all.......the sound.

I did take it kind of easy...did not want to stop future rides!!
yellowbox is offline   Reply With Quote