View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 04:11 AM   #4
longislander1

I'm not shocked or surprised. Porsche blatantly overcharges for service anyway, so what's a few dollars more? But if the manual says about eight quarts (including new filter), why would the dealer try to put in nine?

I would bet that most people who take their cars in for service -- regardless of make -- are overcharged or pay for work isn't done. My worst cases were when I paid for shocks and front brake rotors and the cars were released to me without the work being done. In both cases, the dealership made good, but you have to wonder whether the repairs and maintenance that you can't see are really being done.

My Mazda dealer provides exceptionally good service, but their gimmick is to offer a "recommended" service package at a particular mileage level. It usually includes way more services than the manufacturer suggests, including some like the early changing of filters and other parts and the use of fuel additives and other unnecessary items. If you don't know enough to demand only the manufacturer's recommended services, you can get a bill for routine service on a $20K+ car that rivals something from Porsche or Mercedes.
longislander1 is offline   Reply With Quote