View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 12:54 PM   #1
dcallas

Got my GAHH Installed

No more karate chop!

I got my GAHH top w/ a glass rear window installed yesterday at the GAHH site in North Hollywood. Thought I'd share my thoughts and some pics.

The folks at GAHH are great to deal with. I handled my scheduling with Jackie and dealt with Jack once I was there. They are very friendly, informative and helpful.

I dropped it off early on Wednesday morning (somebody met me there at 6:30 am - let's see a dealership do that!) and picked it up Thursday afternoon (again, they waited for me until 6:00 because I couldn't get there sooner).

The installation went smoothly. Jack walked me through the whole product and told me about the 2-year warranty. He also recommended that I not put the top down for at least 2 days so the fabric can "stretch" a little bit - he said if I did put it down too early, I might have to force it closed when I put it back up. So, I can't tell you how easily it opens/closes just yet.

Regarding the rear view, you lose about 1/3 of your vertical view (a little off the bottom, most off the top). For example, I could see a Jeep driving behind me, but couldn't see the driver. So far I haven't noticed this to be a problem. I also think the lower profile window looks pretty sharp from the outside.

Here are some pics - the car is still very dusty from the install (forgive me!). I included some up-close shots of the defrosting stripes, because I know some people have concerns about those. For me, it's a small price to pay.

So far, I am very happy with it. I'll let you know if anything changes.

2002 986
Triple Black
· Debadged
· GAHH Top with glass rear window
· Intergrated Soundgate Aux3 Switch for iPod, Changer and XM
· spec.dock from 2point5
· B&M Short Throw Shifter

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d8...as/Porsche.jpg
dcallas is offline   Reply With Quote