View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 12:41 PM   #12
porsche986spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by arp35
Personnally I don't see how it could be wheel bearings??? If you do a search on here you'll see others with this type of sound, me included at one time. For me and many others, it was the air going over the front bumper and hood. If the gap between the two is not right you will get a humming type of noise that is independent of your engine speed. The adjustment to the bumper is easy to do and will fix the noise. I suspect that while your car was in the shop, they might have loosened the front bumper or hood to look it over. Also, others have found noise from the side mirrors...check this out before you get new wheel bearings. I hope this helps.
I wish it was that simple for me, but I'm getting a vibration along with the noise at high speeds. Feels like it comes up from the left front side of my car. I can feel it in the steering wheel and as my foot rests on the clutch, so its definately something they missed when fixing it. Could a warped brake dust shield cause this problem. Instead of replacing the bent one, they just pushed the metal back into place and put it back on. I requested that they replace it completely instead of just bending it back. I suspect this could cause the airflow around it to vibrate if it wasn't completely flat or still slightly warped. I hate dealing with these guys. I have to go back to them if I dont' want to pay for it out of my own pocket.

Last edited by porsche986spyder; 03-09-2007 at 10:32 AM.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote