View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 11:38 AM   #15
Brucelee

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefocke
I bought 2 Boxsters ('99 24k and '01S 42k miles). Both were 2 owner cars before me. Roadsters are lifestyle cars, sometimes they fit your lifestyle, sometimes your lifestyle changes. So unless you want to limit yourself to cars that are one owner because they were owned by people whose lifestyle didn't change (or who had so many $ they didn't need to sell when it did) then get a good PPI and go from there. Better a car that was used than a 2k in 6 years creampuff that can have problems from sitting too much.

My 2 Boxsters have averaged somewhere around $10 per month in unscheduled repairs over 4 years. No idea who the first owners were nor why they got rid of them. First car's second owner was replacing the Boxster with a Hummer because she now had 3 kids and didn't use it. Next car's second owner found out it wasn't a great car for a traveling salesperson who had to visit customer's with snow on the ground (and she had no where to store snow tires, etc). Plus she was getting a company car.

Dealers take cars in and those that they don't think they can sell they wholesale at auctions. Some perfectly good cars go that route because the Chevrolet dealer doesn't think he wants to keep the cash tied up in the car until he could sell it and just wants out.

Now could there have been problems with this car ... sure. As with any car.
You missed the point. This car had three registered, private owners within 6 months or so. These were registered owners, NOT DEALERS, who DON'T register cars when they buy them.

This NORMALLY spells an issue with the car, not the owners.

NORMALLY!

Why take a chance when there are so many Boxes out there?

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote