View Single Post
Old 08-28-2004, 01:29 PM   #1
Adam

I over-revved my engine......****************!

I have had my 03 S for a year now and this afternoon I did something I have never done before. I was passing a few cars on the highway in 3rd gear at approx 95-100mph when the redline was approaching so I went for a quick shift into 4th like a have always done. So I shifted and I must have hit 2nd gear instead of 4th because the back tires locked up and I lunged forward. The engine sounded like it revved to 10,000rpm with it probabbly did because I was going 95+ mph in 2nd! I quickly depress the clutch again and coasted for a second muttering several 4 letter words thinking the engine is toast. I look for a check engine light and there was nothing lit up on the dash. I drive some more to see how the engine feels and it kept chugging along like nothing had happened. It seemed to work just fine. I wanted to come on here to share my experience and see if anyone else has made this same mistake. Is this incident going rear it's ugly head in the future and bite me in the ass with engine problems? Will the dealer be able to tell what had happened when he checks the OBD II codes? Will this void my warranty? Is this really not that big a deal and porsche understands this kind of stuff happens so they design the engines to withstand such incidents. Any thoughts/comments on this matter would be much appreciated.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote