View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 04:17 PM   #12
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O
Agreed!!! It is, after all, just a car.... I know quite a few people who store their Porsches for the winter, so, granted, you're certainly not alone. If you're keeping it out of harms way, I can appreciate that. But to do so because you think it will appreciate in value??? I certainly hope you're right!!! With all seriousness.. good luck!

Bob
Hi,

Bob, appreciate the comments and being that it's all a matter of perspective, you're also correct.

I never said I was going to keep the car 'til it appreciates, and I won't. Probably will trade it on a new convertible hardtop Miata this spring. But, the car is in such good shape, that I will be able to trade for the miata ('07 remaining stock) almost even-up, not too bad for an 8-9 yr. old car. When I had it at the Dealership last fall, that's what we were talking about and they said they'd really go high on trade-in on a car in such good shape.

Also, not everyone in all parts of the country (or even the Midwest for that matter) experience the same kind of winter. Here in Mpls., it's really not a good time to drive. The potholes grow exponentially and both cities use salt like they own stock in Morton's. The potential for wear to the suspension and tires alone make it worth putting the car away, to say nothing of corrosion, impact on the Plastic window, etc. ...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote