View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 07:37 AM   #7
Cloudsurfer

Sorry for the late post on this, but yes, you already know my answer. The way I see it, if buying the car new, no way would I ever pay for upgraded factory audio. If they had an option for radio delete I would check that all day long. Now, it changes a bit when you buy pre owned. If the car you're looking at has the Bose, great. If the seller wants extra money because he paid for it, thas a tough one, and I would make it very clear in negotiating that I'd be ripping out the audio anyway so I could care less what was there. Now, at the end of the day, if you buy a pre owned Boxster with Bose and its good enough for you, thats fine. Would I ever consider purchasing the Bose sytem (either new or used) to install into a pre owned car? Absolutely not. You can do so much better for less money.

This applies at home too. The stupid Bose "Lifestyle" systems are over $1000, maybe even closer to $1500 (havent looked in a while). For that amount, you could have bought some decent lower end (in the hifi world) components and had sound 10 times better (NAD, Mission, PSB, Rotel all come to mind).

Patrick
Cloudsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote