View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 08:16 PM   #1
CJ_Boxster

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Post DIY - Replace Rear Upper Control Arms (Track Arms)

Ok This is a DIY on how to replace your Rear Upper Control Arms (Track Arms), However I am not replacing the factory equipment with OEM Rear Upper Control Arms (Track Arms), I will be installing a Set of Adjustable Control Arms purchased from forum sponser DelubozParts. Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arms (Track Arms) are a MUCH LESS expensive alternative inlew of buying a set of OEM Rear Upper Control Arms (Track Arms).

If you have chattering or rattling noise coming from your rear suspension, Chances are that its a worn-out Bearing Cartridge on the Rear Upper Control Arms (Track Arms).

Ok Lets Start,

Tools list: Floor-jack, 18mm Ratchet, 21mm Closed-End Wrench, Torque Wrench, 2 Vise Grip Pliers.

1) Get your floor jack and tool set out. Break loose the lug nuts and security lug on the wheels.

2) Remove the lug that is sitting higher than all others and insert/screw the threaded metal rod into that hole.

3) Now Jack the car up and once the rear wheel is off the ground, Remove the wheel and remove the Metal rod guide from the wheel hub

4) Remove the 2 plastic nuts that hold this plastic cover against the wheel well then remove Plastic cover.

5) Now you can see the Rear Upper Control Arm circled in red. That is what we will be removing/replacing.

6) Time to locate the bolt & nut that secure the "Fork-end" of the control arm to the suspension. Just look behind the Wheel hub, on the lower control arm and you will see this nut and bolt on top and below the lower control arm.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg

Last edited by CJ_Boxster; 04-08-2008 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Orgainized Photobucket account folders, fixing broken links now.
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote