View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 01:53 PM   #9
CJ_Boxster

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtown
Are you gonna do the pads at the same time? If not it isnt the best... Odds are your pads will have grooves in them and will need to be replaced in a while anyway. The grooves could either wear away your new rotors prematurely and groove them or give you sub optimal braking until the pads wear down flat again. Depending on how aggresive the pad is, how hard the rotor is, ect...
Im gonna get new pads, rotors, hardware, and stainless steel brake lines when I do my brakes in however long it takes to run the front pads down to a "need to be replaced" thickness. And will flush the brake lines and put new fluid in there. Might as well only mess with it once. I am probably going to buy those same rotors, but with porterfield pads. I will of course paint the hat... Gold. And re paint my calipers green. Gold for the honey, green for the money imp smiley guy:
What it plan on doing (since i installed the pads about 1 months ago) Ill sand them down afew millimeters with a block of sandpaper then reinstall them and take it easy on them the first 50 miles. I MIIIIIGHT replace them with a low dust alternative but that depends... on money of course.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote