View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 01:17 PM   #5
John V

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

@oversteerdawg, your goals are opposed to your proposed changes. Neutralizing the car as you suggest will cause it to be very twitchy and will likely remove any warning at the edge. It'll just break-away w/o notice. This will be especially true in Wet, No Passenger, Low Fuel, and other Nose Light configurations and conditions.

Also, the Boxster eats tires as it is, increase the negative camber, and you might as well buy stock in Michelin, Pirreli, etc. cause your tires won't last long.

I'm not saying you can't, or even that you shouldn't. What I'm saying is that every adjustment in the suspension system is a trade-off. And, what you propose will negatively impact those same qualities you're trying to preserve. You can always try it and reverse it later if you don't like the results. Good Luck!...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
I disagree with your statement about increased tire wear. In my experience with several cars including the Boxster, tire wear seems to be proportional to toe, not camber. Combine toe with negative camber and you have a recipe for tire wear.

I do agree that removing toe from the car, especially in the rear, is going to make the car twitchier.
John V is offline   Reply With Quote