View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 05:22 PM   #1
djomlas

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
intake install step by step with pics and video

This is a how-to to install a intake system into your boxster.
this was done on a 98 2.5L 986.
Disclaimer: if you mess anything up with your car dont blame me, i was doing this on my own vehicle. if you follow these simple instructions you will be fine, but if something should happen and you mess up your car, remember its a porsche, so parts and labor is not cheap, so be carefull adound parts and vacum lines and hoses and anythign else that is in there that you have no idea what it is.

tools needed: pliers, screw drivers, wrench with couple diff. sizes (not sure of the sizes, trial and error), flashlight, patience, and some bandage just incase (i used one, theres some sharp edges there).

1. put your car in service position (see owners manual, or search to get this part done, shoudl take u few mins)
2. Disconnect the battery terminal
3. Remove the drivers side intake scoop. there is a phillips screw on top that holds it in place. the plastic grill is held in place with 2 fragile arms and you shold be careful when taking the grille ot.
4. Now you are ready to desnorkel/debaffle. once the grille is out you will see a tube that leads to the airbox. this is very simple, just grab it and pull it out. it will seem impossible when tried at the frist time, but just wiggle it around and pull hard, and it will come out. i suggest you put a old shirt or rag around the area so that you dont scratch your paint when pulling this part out.
5. Now is the time to move to the top of the motor.
Remove the gold colored clamp that connects the plastic airbox tube to the throttle body

and this is what it looks like taken off

6. Now remove the same clamp from the other side of that large tube that is connected to the actual airbox where your filter is.

7. Unclamp the clamp that is holding the resonance baffle connected to the intake tube. looks very easy but its a little tricky. watch your fingers

8.. unbolt the screw that is holding the baffle in place

9. now remove the resonance babble and intake tube and put it aside.

exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote