View Single Post
Old 08-20-2004, 04:10 PM   #4
Pilot2519j

Porsche is and will always be the basis for performance. You can put all the horsepower in the world to a Corvette, Mustang and the rest but we all know that they are not Porsches. They don't drive like a Porsche, handle like a Porsche, have the race heritage of a Porsche or in short they are all in that group of Porsche wannabe's.
Horsepower is part of the equation but it the total package that differentiates the marques. There are some Ferraris, Aston Martins, and others of the same ilk that can be beaten by lesser cars but does that make them less desireable. I don't think so! In this week Autoweek which has the new Corvette the tester l complains about the steering of the car and the interior poor quality workmanship.
Me personally would rather drive, as I do daily to work, my Boxster S that will outhandle most cars in the market. It has the right amount of horsepower to be super quick and handling that very few cars can touch. Then to make it more irresistable it has the most beautiful body out there, I know I am over the top at this point, of any car. Fast, classy , sexy, safe and chic what more can I ask for? Ok a few more HP will do. Smile........ it is a Porsche and enjoy it.