View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 10:25 AM   #39
ukchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by laphil
Yes. I went to the dealership and they set the head unit to enable the CD changer. Position 1 was the Bose (factory), position 2 was the CD changer (the next available open position added by dealer.) An interesting point on your PDF is the positioning in the head unit. Does it matter if the CD changer is first or does it have to be CD changer, then BOSE?

Also, I noticed the DIP setting in your PDF shows for PCM configuration. The original manual is correct for PCM. On the CDR23/24 it needs DIPS 1-3 off, and DIP 4 on, as you stated.

And thanks, the PDF is helpful, but unfortunately I gave up and sent the unit back. I'm waiting for the group buy to happen and some other CDR24 (not the CDR23) non-CD Changer with BOSE folks to take a stab... I'm down about $350+ on this experiment. :ah:
I hadn't fixed the dip switches when I took the pic, although it seems to work both ways, I guess there are some obscure functions that vary.

I added the CD Changer in position 2 but then when I reviewed it it shows in postion 1, I suspect it displays them in the order they are on the loop or something. I had the Amp in position 1 and added the CD Changer in position 2.

When you had the Dension in the loop did the head unit still operate (even though the Dension didn't)?