View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 07:55 AM   #11
rdancd816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couper1
Yes, I used a non-conductive contact cleaner. You can use this on all electrical components without shorting anything out. Let me ask you this, when you unlatch your seatbelt does your seatbelt indictor light and tone come on at all?? If it doesn't then maybe you do have a bad sensor and cleaning it won't help. As I said, in my case I knew the sensor was just dirty because the light and sound would come on and go off at different time whenever my seatbelt was unhooked.

Also, I was fortunate enough to have a local mechanic with the computer/tool to reset the airbag light, I didn't have to take it back to the dealer and pay their hourly rate. Most repair shops don't have the tools to reset Porsche lights.

Your third option would be a small piece of electrical tape over the airbag light. Lol, just kidding.

Let me know how you make out with it. Good luck
Seatbelt light and tone work correctly. The dealership has reset the airbag light a couple of times (no charge) but it just returns. They did say it's not a safety issue, just annoying. I'll give your method a shot, can't hurt. Will let you know the result. Thanks