View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 08:09 AM   #1
porsche986spyder

Did you know, there is a extra lip on your driver's side intake duct?

I was doing some reseach on my Boxster and noticed that the driver's side intake duct that feeds the air into the intake has a beveled lip on the front part of it. The other side does not. I went to my local dealership and noticed that some models had this and others did not. It depended on the year it was. I asked the dealership and they said that the earlier models 99-97 have smooth intake ducts on both sides, and that 2000-04 models have the beveled lip. It was changed for better cooling purposes. Apparently the beveled edge creates better airflow into that area. Some of the earlier models had trouble with cooling. The only reason I even posted this was because I was going to buy the FG ram air Scoops, but noticed they do NOT have the beveled edge on the front part of the duct, leading me to believe it will not pull the air in properly. The designs are completely smooth with no extra lip. I also found a CF intake replacement duct on-line and it to was molded from one of the earlier design models, which makes me believe it would not cool as well also. Anyone else notice this?

Driver's side.

Passenger side, smooth with NO lip.

Last edited by porsche986spyder; 01-31-2007 at 08:19 AM.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote