View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 12:26 AM   #16
jinijazz

Truth about Tiptronic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslai
This is not applicable AT ALL to the Boxster. The Tiptronic Boxster is still going to be slower than a manual Boxster
While I enjoyed reading good postings from you, eslai, this is far from the truth
As a owner of both tip and manual, I noticed manual owners immediately underestimate or misjudge on what tip is capable of. Can't blame them since I myself hated tip for the first couple of months, before I learned how to work with it. Most manual drivers simply don't have enough experience with tips, relying on the numbers. 20 minutes test drive at dealer definately doesn't tell you anything about it.

On paper, tip LOOKS slower bacuase of torque converter load and all that. In reality, the fact that you can outshift EVERY manual Box tranny driver 99% of the time has much bigger impact. A friend of mine had 00 manual Boxster(2.7) and mine was 99 tip(2.5). Every drag race we had in our back road and track, We agreed we can't not beat experienced tiptronics driver. Funny now I got 06 manual 987 while he just got 07 997 TT Tip. So many AX champions were with tip, it's not even shocking news anymore.

So why I am back to maual? Not because it is faster(but has more potential on paper!), because it's just more fun. But never ever underestimate tiptronic.
jinijazz is offline   Reply With Quote