View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 02:41 PM   #18
wanna986

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl1252
This is my first post, wow. I've been lurking for a while and absorbing all that I could.

Anyway, I purchased an 02 986 this past December from a local Porchse dealer. I must say that I was apprehensive at first this being my first Porsche, but when I first saw the car in an ad I was amazed. The posted price was $29k but lowered "for today only" to $19k. I figured it was the "teaser car" just to get people on the lot, but I went to look at it anyway.

I found it had 55k miles on it and figured that was a little high for my liking. I took it for a test drive and was hooked. I bought it for the advirtised price of $19k, and added an extended warranty to take me to 80k miles. Out the door price was around $25k with taxes and such. I think I did ok.

The only issue with the car was the previous owner had used an abrasive cleaner on the black plastic parts in the interior, which I replaced (center console, and all trim pieces around AC, radio, etc, and new L/R heater/AC vents) to the tune of about $1200 (installed).

Jeff
Not an "s" , right Jeff?
I'd have gotten severely ripped off if you say yes!
wanna986 is offline   Reply With Quote