View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 02:14 PM   #3
FrayAdjacent

Just a little on this subject, I'm not in LA, nor do I know of a shop ( but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)

I'm in Austin, Tx, and due to a cracked plastic rear window, I was looking into my options. One shop quoted $485 to replace the window.

Called a reputable shop (they replaced the top on my mom's LeBaron, and it still looks good probably 7 or 8 years later!), and they quoted $450 to replace the plastic window. I asked about a new top, and was quoted $1250 for a soft window or $1880 for a glass rear window top. These would be GAHH tops.

I also inquired as to what they would charge to install a top if I obtained one on my own (thinking I could get a GAHH top myself for cheaper)- $650.

So I'd guess labor would be around $650. Things are usually cheaper here than in Kalifornistan, so you might have to pay more.

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote