View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 06:19 PM   #6
z12358

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomschoon
You need to look carefully at the tax issues with importing to NL, as well as the standards which can be found on the internet. The last thing you want to do is get your car over there and then have to get it out before the 6 month visitor limit ran out. Doing it correctly also would allow you to sell it in the EU, in general I found it would be cheaper to just buy one there as I was thinking of taking mine to Germany as I spend half my time there.

Good luck
Thom, can you please expound on this? I may be moving to Switzerland this year. New Boxster prices there are at least $20k more then in the US (especially considering the discounts from MSRP one can get here). If I calculate the hit I'll take on selling my new Box here, and buying a new (or close to new) one there, the difference becomes even larger. Are you saying that, even with these large differences, it may still be cheaper to sell here and buy there, vs importing one from here?

Kiwi, I am curious to learn what you conclude on this issue, so pls keep us posted, or PM me with an update if you prefer. I know Switzerland is not in the EU but there must be similarities in how these cases are treated.

Steve, can you ask your Porsche guy how he imports US cars into EU (taxes, procedure, etc.) or maybe PM me his email?

Thx.
Z.