Thread: 2001 S Purchase
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 10:57 AM   #8
larryshomework

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Actually, I didn't coin that phrase, but I read it on this forum and doggonit, I sure personified it!

Let me reiterate what I've told everyone who asks me about buying a used boxster... buy the newest S you can afford, and if you can get a CPO 100,000 mile warrantied car from a dealership, that's the best S to buy in the long run, even if its more money. Let PCA pay for your high dollar repairs or just sleep well at night knowing that if the motor blows or the RMS leaks or whatever that it's covered. I sure wish I'd done this.

By the way, if I could do high school over again I'd do that completely differently too.
Looks like 01 is the newest I can afford if I go for the CPO warranty. Since I've never owned a Porsche, the CPO warranty would definately ease my mind.

The limited research I've done so far indicates a preference for 03 or newer (glass window, improved RMS, more power). Of these, the RMS is the only real concern for me. Also, I might be in the minority but I like the "orange" sidemarkers and turn signals - especially on the black.

I've also noticed that the center dash layout varies quite a bit among the same year and model. The one I'm looking at has the climate controls at the bottom, a storage bin in the middle and the radio at the top. I've seen some from the same year with the climate controls at the top and what looks to be CD or cassette holders in lieu of the storage bin. I assume this is tied to a "package" but I'm way too new to this to decipher all the options/packages.
larryshomework is offline   Reply With Quote