View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 05:09 AM   #11
SC986

When I got my Boxster last month I picked it up in Houston and drove it back to South Carolina. My friends told me I was crazy mileage and time wise but I really wanted to drive it and see part of the country I had never been to. I took an hour to get out of Houston with the wonderful afternoon traffic.

I drove I-10 until I got to Louisiana; I went through New Orleans and down to I-90 to travel along the coast. Highest speed was 91 on a long bridge across a Bayou with a convertible M3 a guy had picked up at the same dealer. I kept having to divert back up to I-10 due to the Katrina damage and bridges still being washed out. I was shocked to see how some people have not recovered from this.

I stayed on the night coast in Gulfport Mississippi then completed the trip the next day after a 45 minute sit on the hood session in Atlanta due to a wreck on the intestate. My friends called during the wait wanting to know if I had the car and what I thought. My first response was small, harsh, but a lot of fun to dive.

The trip was a little over 1000 miles and 15 hours of driving. As much as I loved driving the new Boxster, I must say when I got home I could not wait to get out of those sport seats. Man those things get hard after a few hours