View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 06:15 AM   #11
Richard Truss

Send a message via AIM to Richard Truss
I agree F1. I also own a BMW coupe, and can tell you first hand, when i got it, people that i knew and didn;t know would say "nice car" or "wow, i really like bimmers" etc. But with my boxster, they say "Holy ********************!!!!" or "can i please please please drive it". i have a client that has a new 350Z and i told him what a nice car that is, and even he said "yeah, but its not a porsche".

Porsche goes beyond horsepower -- much in the same way ferrari does. and that was my point. BMW and merc does NOT go beyond horepower, when it comes to alluring the performance minded. Yes there are people that would just rather have bmw's or merc's, but usually those people would never consider a porsche.

I get phone numbers at stop lights in my boxster. i have yet to get a single one because of my bmw coupe. and honestly i think you can lump all the japanese supercars in that catagory too. i dont think anyone thinks of 350Z's, S2000's or EVO's as special. They are everyday. To the general public, porsche is in a different class. And i put myself in the general public.