View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 11:44 AM   #1
Travis

Send a message via AIM to Travis
Nip / Tuck - The Boxster saga

Well I had been wanting to update the look of my Boxster for the last few months, so I had started off with buying some skirts (Zender) and the bumper diffuser.

About to send those off to the body shop to be painted, when wife bought me the Aero I kit for Xmas, so I put the zender's back on the self since I now have the big new box from Germany with new bumper, skirts and back lid with spoiler.

Take it all down to the body shop to get painted / installed, we inventory everything to make sure all is accounted for, yeap all checks out per packing slip and install instructions.

I leave with the Box since we took the time to pre-fit and did paint matching (OEM for my year had two shades of Artic Silver and neither really matched 100%)

They call me a few days later to bring the car on in and I take her on in and drop her off, was nervous till I seen a very sharp Lotus being worked on next to where they pulled mine to.

I am told the better part of the day to install, so I get the wife to pick me up and go home to wait . . . .. .

I get a call that afternoon to come on down that they are just finishing up and will be ready by the time I get there . . .

As my wife is driving me over I get a frantic call from the shop on my mobile saying that they have an "Issue" and that I am going to have to look at it.... Oh no I think what the hell is going on...

I get there and a few people are all around my car looking and shaking their heads, and I walk up quickly looking at the car but see no damage and it looking pretty sharp, so I ask them what the issue is?

They ask me to give it a good looking over and again I stare and look over every inch of the car and still do not see any thing wrong, I mean paint matches perfect no gaps with the hood/bumper, tail and spoiler look great, skirts are . . . . . . . .

Damn!!!!

Skirts are two different versions!! drivers side is Aero I and passengers Aero II
And I was the one who opened the original box from Porsche and we did not catch it when we inventoried or did the pre-fit

So you guess it, back to the garage to get the Zender's

Now I wait again . . . .
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote