View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 04:31 AM   #8
Subanez

Send a message via AIM to Subanez
I agree that Ferrari sits on a much higher podium...in my eyes, the sex appeal of the ferrari is something that can't be touched, no matter who you consider.

As far as the Merc/Audi comparaison, who knows...I've known both to be great cars, and I've also seen some piles of shyte.

I also agree, however, that the idea of PORSCHE, especially to the general public, just sounds fast. Although BMW and Porsche are usually "grouped" together, I think in the back of everyone's minds, the Porsche is always the better vehicle.

I don't recall the exact magazine, but I just read an article between the new Merc convertible (The SL? SLK?) and the Boxster S...and the last line of the article read something along the lines of "For 80% of the world, driving the mercedes is fine, its the perfect car...but you will always know that every porsche that passes you is the better car."

I don't know, when it came down to choosing the next car to buy, it didn't even cross my mind. Perhaps the S2000 and the Z350 are "better" cars, though I find it hard to even type those words. But the idea of owning a Porsche, of hearing the engine scream in pleasure, of seeing people's heads turn as you slither shark-like through city streets...there's just nothing else like it in this price range.

So I guess I agree with both of you, Richard and "Ad Sach..." but DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A (Porsche driver)...

"I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. And then I ran some more." -Fight Club
Subanez is offline   Reply With Quote