View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 12:10 AM   #6
wvav8tor

I have owned 6 Vettes and if your thinking of owning anything less than a C5 than save your money( I know if any of my old Corvette buddies see this I will get an ear full) The Corvette name has been ingrained in most everyones mind as being the American sports car but in my opinion until the C5 the car has not lived up to its legend. I'm still not completely convinced that the C5 makes it ether but it might be close...I know nothing about the C6 but from what I have read the car finally may have caught up with the name.

In a straight line even an S model would be hard pressed to keep up with a C5 and we are not even talking about the Z06 model. the C5 does handle great but from my limited experiance with the Boxster(6 months) if you put equally skilled drivers in both cars on a twisting mountain road the Porsche wins hands down.

Also the Boxster has a more refined feel about it, everything just feels like its just a little bit better put together and to add to that as well the Boxster is the most fun I have ever had in a car...well almost

Will I ever own a Corvette again? Don't know but for now I am having a lot of fun

dusty
wvav8tor is offline   Reply With Quote