View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004, 10:26 AM   #6
Richard Truss

Send a message via AIM to Richard Truss
what can porsche do with the styling to update it? go with round headlights. period. thats about it. no one and i mean NO one wants to go away from the traditional 911 lines in the boxster (read: 928) -- which is why a car that has 8 year old styling (which is really 40 year old styling) is successful.

More power would be nice, but its not critical -- meaning that i wanted a porsche. The vettes had more power for the same money, the merc's had more gadgets for the same price, the M roadster had just as much power for less money, yet they were not even in the running for me. never considered them. People that want a porsche and can afford them will get one.

I dont think the general public puts even the nicest mercs and bmw's on the same level as a porsche. Porsche has a mystique that the others cannot touch, and thats much of what this competition comes down to, in my opinion. I think as long as porsche has fantastic power, fantastic handling (i.e. no more 924 experaments), they will remain number one in the eyes of the public.

hell, a friend i work with lumps porsche with ferrari as THE cars to own. and i dont think he is unique.